It’s 10 days till Christmas! 10 DAYS! I can’t get over it.
I’m glad that I’m finally making headway with the Christmas shopping with just about 5 more gifts to go. And because it is the season of giving, and I’ve been so busy shopping for everyone else, I’d like to take a breather to sit back and think about what I’d like to get this Christmas. Besides, I think I’ve been generally “nice” all year, so Santa if you’re reading this post (as if you have the time to rest from all that sleigh-riding and chimney-sliding), I’d love to have a few things from this list preferably wrapped nicely with a bright red bow, underneath my Christmas tree. 🙂
- Desk mirror – I’ve been using my compact mirror for a year. A YEAR. I don’t know why I never bothered to get myself a bigger mirror. Maybe I’ve just been lazy! haha. Well I think it’s about time I had a decent round one that I can put on the table so I can free both hands when I do my makeup.
- Messenger bag – I need an all-around stylish travel bag preferably in nude, red or gray.
- Acrylic jewelry organizer – I actually bought one of those accessory organizers that you can hang but I imagine something like this will look awesome in my closet. I can already think of a million trinkets that I can store in this baby.
- Wallet – I have gone through about 4 wallets this year. I seem to have a thing for ruining zippers. Me and zippers, we don’t mesh well. I am down to my last wallet, a Tommy Hilfiger one from my mom and the zipper is already going haywire. I need a new wallet with hopefully a sturdier zipper that will last me a lifetime.
- Gone Girl – I’ve been wanting to read this book for the longest time. Now more than ever since this book made it to the recent 2012 Good Reads Choice Awards. I’ve actually reserved myself a copy. I have a feeling this is going to be a gift to self.
- Luggage – I need a new luggage. My old luggage has to retire as I’ve been using it for over 7 years. It’s ugly, torn in some places and too small to fit a week’s worth of clothes. I have a feeling that I need a new roomier luggage. Something that will look decent enough to strut in airports. The universe is telling me that 2013 will be my year of travel so I need to get ready. 🙂
- Yosi Samra – What can I say, I’m a mom. I live in flats. I saw a pair of Yosi Samra’s in black with nice gold caps. I died!
- LBDs – The little black dress is a staple in every woman’s closet. You can dress it up or dress it down and even if you wear the same dress week after week, no one will ever notice because it’s just so versatile. You just need to be creative with the accessories. I need about two or three of these in different cuts. I’m in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe. I lost 28 lbs! Hooray! So to have new clothes to wear to celebrate my weight loss would be super dooper awesome!
- Suede boots – The one shown here is Isabel Marant, rather pricey. So I’m okay with a cheaper alternative. haha.
- Hunger Games books – I’ve finished reading the first book and I loved it! I need to complete the story in my head so books 2 and 3 are definitely in my to-read list.
- Vacation – I’ve had the best memories when I went to Disneyland Anaheim a long long time ago. I want my kid to experience the same magic. A visit to the happiest place on earth is definitely in my wish list.
So those are some of the things I imagine would make my Christmas a little more cheerier! 🙂 But the truth is, I already have everything that I want right here. I have a family that loves me and I’ve been given so many opportunities to learn and grow, so these things are pretty much just the big fat cherry on top!
How about you, what do you want for Christmas? 🙂